Celebrating Failure

A time that I failed this semester is coming up - when I am about to get a B (hopefully) in a class that should have been an easy 100. I tried several times this semester to be responsible and manage my time well - and failed. I kept trying to instill the mentality that early is on time and on time is late but I kept thinking I had all the time in the world. I learned from this experience to stop making excuses, take control of my own life and time, not take things for granted, and be more productive than I expect myself to be. 
Regarding failure, I think failure is the best way to learn. Sure, you can learn from your successes. But, the failures show you that many different other ways won't work whereas success just shows you that one particular way does work. Failure also gives motivation for you to bounce back even stronger than before so that you can prove to yourself and others that you can do it.  "Once you hit rock bottom, there's nowhere else you can go but up." 
Although I have a positive outlook on failure, I handle it really badly in the moments when I fail. I get very anxious and angry, and I say a lot of things I don't mean and do a lot of things that I regret later. It triggers me very much emotionally because failure makes me feel meaningless, incapable, and just a loser when it happens. 
This class changed my perspective on failure by making me less likely to take risks (be more on time and more responsible) and to not blame others or blame situations when I fail. If I fail, it's because of me, myself, and I and I need to own up to that and do better in the future.

Comments