Free Money!!

For this exercise, my strategy is to approach people in a warm, kindly manner and give it to people in an exciting way so that they feel the value of the dollar. I will approach a wide variety of people who are walking around in groups at Biscayne Bay. To get the conversation started, I will ask a specific person fun questions about what they would be willing to do for a dollar. After having some back-and-forth regarding the topic, I will thank them for their answers and give them a dollar bill in an ironic way (rewarding them for practically doing nothing except talking). I believe that I will be able to give away five $1 bills within five attempts. 
Video Recording of Encounters (able to record 2/5):


Reflections 
Giving away a dollar was a little harder than I imagined and I was only able to give away four bills within five attempts. I think the hardest part for me was approaching people and getting them to keep a conversation with me even though they were busy getting to their destination or having conversations with others. My predictions were almost correct. The willingness I assumed people would have to participate in the activity was less than I predicted so I had to speed through the "pitch" portion of the exercise and just give them a dollar with a quick explanation that the dollar signifies the value of their ideas.

Comments